April 12, 2021
Location: Smithville, Ohio
Earning Potential: $60,000-$85,000 Annually plus Fringe Benefits
Fringe Benefits include: Health Insurance, Holidays, Vacation, Pension Program
Duties and Responsibilities:
· CDL Driver Duties and Pre-Trip inspections, navigation & Keep Driving Hours Log book
· Work in harmony with our customers’ road construction teams.
· Complete daily paperwork. (Shift Reports, log book, etc.)
· Avg. 6-8 nights out of town or in a hotel per month.
· Supports ODOT traffic crews
· Run waterblasting stripe removal trucks for roads and runways
· Some use of basic e-mail, MS Outlook® calendars for schedules and updates.
· Some weekend work, on average of 2-3 estimated shifts per month occurring between Friday afternoon and Sunday/Monday Morning.
· All Major Holidays off
· Valid Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License and N (tank) endorsement.
· Safe Driving Record (to be verified)
· Able to drive Heavy Duty Straight Truck 40-foot Straight Truck
· Will need to possess or acquire accurate and careful communication needs.
· Familiarity with mechanic tools.
· OSHA 10 or 16 helpful, however company will provide as needed.
· Heavy Lifting (Lifting 25lbs. to 50 lbs. approximately 5 times per day or 3% - 5% of shift)
· Could be helpful to have Background or certification in Traffic Safety / M.O.T.
Successful workers in this position typically demonstrate the following traits
o Strong Commitment to safety and awareness for self, for others, and for property
o Able to adapt to varied shift patterns from day shift to night shift.
o Able to withstand the rigors of driving a heavy duty truck on 10-14 hour trips
o Cooperates well in a partnering attitude with the needs of the client and their work.
o Able to work alone and self-manage in a non-dependent role.
o Moderate mechanical experience required. On job training provided
o Confidence tempered with respect for others.
o Ability to acclimate well to long shift times.
o Able to respond effectively in a culture of frequent changes in assignments and schedules.
o A positive attitude and willingness to learn every day.
o Basic ability to use computers, tablets, and smartphones in various applications.
Most of the work is public work rather than private work. The work occurs on roads, highways and other transportation sites.
Training and Advancement
The company will train qualified applicant.
Advancement opportunities are possible.
This position is open due to current and anticipated company growth.
Interesting and Unique Projects
The company participants in various transportation which occasionally includes high profile and unique projects.
Through the busy seasons, workers generally experience days off in sequence of two – three days off. This is due in part to weather-related work which, in turn, tends toward long shifts during the better weather periods, and reduced opportunity during poor weather conditions or driver hours-of-service reset.
Workers may be required to share in “ on-call” duties to support the changes of weather and project needs.
This position requires regular travel for work. The distances are usually less than 120 miles, but regularly includes projects of 200 – 300 miles away and occasionally up to 600 miles.
Send completed application to [email protected]
Performance Hydroblasting, INC. is a local and privately held company of 7-10 employees. The company provides Striping removal services to the road construction and pavement industry and is signatory to the Laborer’s International Union of North America. (LIUNA)
*Performance Hydroblasting, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, and physical or mental ability, or Vietnam Era veteran status, or disability (including disabled)
**All new hires will verified through the E-Verify® program for eligibility to work in the USA.
Performance Hydroblasting, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, Sexual Orientation, and physical or mental ability, or Vietnam Era veteran status, or disability (disabled). Our objective is to promote full realization of equal employment opportunity through a continuing affirmative employment program that aims to eliminate discrimination based on factors irrelevant to job performance.
Our vision is to continue to build Performance Hydroblasting, INC. into a recognized, excellent, and rewarding exchange where the sharing of qualities produces meaningful value to all participants, through a dedicated commitment to cultivation, and as the same will be measured by all who engage, to include each client, end-user, worker, owners, family, and community. Traffic Marking Removal is our means.